The main processes of sand casting are:
- Mold production part: make molds according to the requirements of the drawings. Generally, wood molds can be used for single-piece production, plastic molds and metal molds can be made for mass production, and templates can be made for mass castings.
- Sand mixing stage: According to the requirements of sand mold manufacturing and the different types of castings, prepare qualified sand for modeling.
- Modeling (core-making) stage: including modeling (forming the cavity of the casting with molding sand), core-making (forming the inner shape of the casting), and mold matching (putting the core into the cavity, and closing the upper and lower flasks) ). Modeling is a key link in casting.
- Melting stage: match the chemical composition according to the required metal composition, select the appropriate melting furnace to melt the alloy material, and form a qualified liquid metal liquid (including qualified composition and qualified temperature)
- Pouring phase: melt the qualified metal Pour into the sand box equipped with the mold. The pouring stage is more dangerous, so special attention should be paid.
- Cleaning stage: After pouring, after the molten metal is solidified, the molding sand is removed, and the gate and other attachments are knocked out to form the required casting.
Features of sand casting:
- Suitable for making blanks with complex shapes, especially with complex cavities;
- Wide adaptability and low cost;
- For some materials with poor plasticity, such as cast iron, sand casting is used to make parts or, The only forming process of the blank.