What Is Sand Casting Process?
- Mold production part: make molds according to the requirements of the drawings. Generally, wood molds can be used for single-piece production, plastic molds and metal molds can be made for mass production, and templates can be made for mass castings.
- Sand mixing stage: According to the requirements of sand mold manufacturing and the different types of castings, prepare qualified sand for modeling.
- Modeling (core-making) stage: including modeling (forming the cavity of the casting with molding sand), core-making (forming the inner shape of the casting), and mold matching (putting the core into the cavity, and closing the upper and lower flasks) ). Modeling is a key link in casting.
- Melting stage: According to the required metal composition, the chemical composition is matched, and the appropriate melting furnace is selected to melt the alloy material to form a qualified liquid metal liquid (including qualified composition and qualified temperature)
- Pouring stage: Pour qualified molten metal into the sand box equipped with the mold. The pouring stage is more dangerous, so special attention should be paid.
- Cleaning stage: After pouring, after the molten metal is solidified, the molding sand is removed, and the gate and other attachments are knocked out to form the required casting.